*little spoiler alert - not really though if you’ve been paying attention to the previous movies. (It just finally links back to Tokyo Drift)
Oh my flipping gaaaawd! I did not just watch Han’s death replayed. Shet. And can’t believe how Giselle.. went. Wtf. Waaaaah. #overly emotionally attached to films.
So it is now July 15th, exactly five months before my Graduation, and formal.
The Senior Formal (prom), is supposed to be the height of my entire school journey, and right now I feel as if it is just an over-rated nuisance! Finding the perfect dress, the perfect corsage, just hoping to feel like a princess (or in my case, like Audrey Hepburn).
With the amount of stress, energy and effort we put into this night, there is no question as to why this event is so memorable.
After all, it is the last time we will all see the faces so familiar. The faces you’ve grown up with and passed by each day from Monday - Friday. It is the night where you are captured on film, for-and-with the people who you will be reintroduced in the future as strangers.
1. Alanna Trebond - The Song of The Lioness by Tamora Pierce
A young high-born lady, who refused to be denied her chance of knighthood.
2. Rose Hathaway - Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Her taste in older men :P Hahaha. Jk.
3. Lyra Belacqua - His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman
Her sense of adventuring. And really, just this whole trilogy.
4. Katniss Everdeen - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The ‘mockingjay’ of an oppressed people.
5. Sabriel - The Old Kingdom Trilogy by Garth Nix
Her name sounds like mine.. And she did kick ass with bells? Points for creativity!
6. Hermione Granger - Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
Regardless of her non-magical up-bringing, Hermione excelled in all her classes, with the exception of Defense Against the Dark Arts. Knowledge is power.
7. Francesca - Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
A girl attending an almost all-boy school trying to figure out her own identity when her mother falls into a deep depression. Did I mention she’s a Sydney girl?
8. Sydney Sage - Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Open-minded and compassionate, even when it goes all against her beliefs and values. Annnd, she speaks like five different languages or something!
9. Arya Stark - A Song of Fire and Ice by George R. R. Martin
Not only does she come from one of the most honest houses in Westeros, she is fierce and simply badass.
10. Lucy Pevensie - The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis
Her never ending belief and faith in Aslan and in Narnia.
Whilst I lay here, wishing that time would tick faster, I realise how much time could have went to doing something productive.
When there are so many people around you, doing amazing things, and travelling to new and exciting places how can you not feel so envious?
I understand that my time will come, and if I work hard enough, I can have all that too. Yet, when the people in your immediate circle are at least three years older than you, you finally realise how far behind you are.
It’s the age old, ‘I wish I was older already’ pickle.
Yeah, some people are far less fortunate than I am, but like that fabulous song, ‘life’s not about what’s better than.’ Different times, different places, different societies.
Japan, Singapore, USA, Vanuatu, Fiji, NZ and Hawaii; I will see you in the pictures.
Admittedly, my tumblr has been completely ignored. Not because of school, or because of work - because everyone knows I don’t even focus on those priorities either; but because I am a lazy, lazy girl.
With my talent at avoiding my school work, my other efforts will be going into this short blog of my three favourites. Victory is mine :P
Favourite Television Shows:
1. Game of Thrones
2. The Carrie Diaries
3. Pretty Little Liars
Favourite Book Series:
1. Harry Potter - J.K. Rowling
2. Song of The Lioness Quartet - Tamora Pierce
3. Tales of the Otori - Lian Hearn
Favourite Kinds of Food:
1. Potato - Baked potato, mashed potato, potato chips, roast potato. The list goes on!
2. Nuts - Cashews, pistachio’s, peanuts, almonds. Mmmmmm.
3. Sugary sweet… I guess that’s not really a food type though, hey?
3. Sky colours - the pinks, blues, purples, yellows and oranges you see in the sky are amazing. *in awe.
2. Modern History
Favourite Past Times…:
2. Charmed (The Power of Three, Witches etc.)
3. Buffy - yes, as in the Vampire Slayer. Haha
I have been feeling pretty down lately, so I also thought it would be a good idea to remind me of my favourite things, so then I won’t feel… So bad. Thanks Sound of Music! xx